Featured Not resolved
3.7
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

I used the service for 3 months and initially the quality of the products was good and there was excellent variety. After the first month, The produce was suboptimal. There were insects in the snow peas and the peas were chewed up in parts. There was mold on the peppers and parts of the pepper were liquified. Scallions were translucent and soggy. Zucchini was very soggy. My friend, who used the service for the same time period, found a dead lizard in her produce and a portion of another dead lizard when she started to chop up the bok choy.

Tomatoes were cracked and soggy. When I notified the company and sent photos they informed me that this happens with fresh produce. They did give me a credit of $24 but I really wanted safe food.

The side dishes were very generous but the protein portions were at the small end. I ended up purchasing fresh produce and more chicken in order to prepare a full meal for two people. Even though the portion size was small, the quality of the meat/chicken/shrimp was good. The other seafood was fishy (Alaskan pollock not so good).

The recipes were very good and the variety was great. My husband really liked the meals because of the red pepper/hot sauce/spiciness. If it wasn't for the scary produce I probably would have continued with this program. But after 3 months, I was a little uneasy about what I might find when I opened up the box.....

I am planning to try a different company as I like the idea of preparing and cooking fresh meals.

Product or Service Mentioned: Vegetable.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: Product arrived on day it was promised, Good diversity, Easy directions, Quality of meat chicken and shrimp was good, Grain and vegetable portions were generous.

I didn't like: Arrived too late to use that day, Meat portions were small, Bugs and dead lizards found in produce, Produce was moldy and soft.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 12.

Comments

#1561997

This gotta be out west facilty because ive never seen bugs and we don't have lizards in nj or in facility. Mushy vegetables is the worst ive seen and we dont use if we catch it they don't even let us use meat if its mildly defrosted.

Problem in facility is they fire good workers with young ppl that dont care left and push numbers over quality nowadays then cut hours to hourly employees. As a hourly worker i wouldnt take free box unless i made it myself.